Busy and Fun weekend! Part 1 - Elementary school Girls' Basketball!

This past weekend was a very busy and fun weekend!

On Friday, after working at my Junior High School, I went to ES A's girls' basketball practice.  I was a little nervous because this was my first practice of theirs I was attending.When I entered, the girls ran from their practice to greet me with smiles, warmth, and joy.  They are sweet girls.  They invited me to join in their practice, and I was happy to accept their invitation.  The teacher in charge of the basketball team is a grade 6 homeroom teacher so I work with him often. I had told him before that if I have time, I would really like to go to some of their practices and games, so sometimes he gives me their schedule. I actually wanted to attend their basketball tournament the following day because it was the last game the grade 6 girls would be playing before they graduated from Elementary school. However, because I had other plans the following day, which I will talk about in my next post, I wasn't able to attend.  I actually really wanted to attend the tournament before going off for my other plans, but messaging a friend confirmed that I was crazy, definitely overbooking myself, and had no time.

Anyways, my girls are really good. I wasn't going easy on them and had to try to keep the ball (or steal the ball ) away from them.  They are much better than I was at that age. Back then, I was scared of the ball and really, not very good at all. To be honest, the real reason why I even started playing basketball was because people have often told me, "You're tall! You should play basketball! It would be such a waste otherwise!", and so I started even though I was scared of the ball.  This is what you're constantly told when you've always been that tall lanky girl. -___-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ikimono Gakari - Kirari English Lyrics Translation / いきものがかり - キラリ 歌詞 英訳

最後の運動会+今年の最初のEnglish Club! / My last sports festival + the first English club of the (school) year!

Exile - Everything Translation 歌詞 英訳