Busy and Fun Weekend! Part 2 - Choco Run and the Kanken test!

On Saturday, a couple of girlfriends and I went to the Choco Run in Fukuoka! You heard me,  CHOCO run! Most runs have stations every little while with water, sports drinks and some fruits, like bananas. This race has one rest station and it's full of chocolate! Each loop is 2.5 km, and we did the 5km event. Unlike my regular races, I did not opt for a timed run because I wanted to enjoy what the event was made for - eating chocolate!  I though it would be mostly women, and it was, but there was also still a number of male participants as well.  It was set-up so that the first booth area was chocolate from around the world. Other booths included particular specialty chocolates, a fondue area, and a variety area.  My friends went ahead but I was still sampling the chocolates from the "around the world" booth. I came to eat chocolate, Ok!

After the event finished, we went to the playground. Although I'm in my mid-twenties now, I still love playgrounds.

Then we made a short trip to the Aquarium at that park. I think this was the first aquarium that I've been to in Japan, although I have been to a zoo that had some water animals.

We then went to pick up my friend at her apartment. This friend used to live with my family in Vancouver as a homestay. The 4 of us then went to Fukuoka tower. It was the first time for all of us despite both Japanese girls having lived in Fukuoka prefecture either currently or in the past

We finished off the evening by going to Tenjin - went to the chocolate area at the department store (various types of cute and elegant chocolate being sold for Valentine's day), dinner at cinnmoroll cafe (cinnamoroll is a character), and since that wasn't very filling we went to sushiro after - and I'm glad we made reservations, it was busy!

Our drive back to Kumamot was a lot quicker than  the way there. Granted, the morning was from Yatsushiro all the way to Uminonakamichi park, but still. It only took maybe about 1 hour and half from the main tolled highway in Fukuoka to Kumamoto station where I dropped off my 2 friends.

I slept over at a friend's house that night and on Sunday, did my first ever kanken test! I did level 9, which is  equivalent to what kanji elementary school grade 2s are supposed to know by the end of the year. I was probably the oldest peson by nearly 20 years. However, I feel generally positive about the test, although I made 2 mistakes at the very least.

In the evening, I was at a restaurant with my friend. And something interesting happened. I forgot the English word for something and could only remember the Japanese! I was trying to translate "goma dressing" into English, but I could not remember the English word for goma! I racked my brains for those few seconds and only later did I remember that goma in English is sesame.

Perhaps I am becoming Japanese!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ikimono Gakari - Kirari English Lyrics Translation / いきものがかり - キラリ 歌詞 英訳

最後の運動会+今年の最初のEnglish Club! / My last sports festival + the first English club of the (school) year!

Exile - Everything Translation 歌詞 英訳