Kindergarten in Japan (Yochien 幼稚園)

In April of my first year (so two semesters after I began JET), they added two schools to list of schools; 2 Kindergartens.  They are more just like visits as I only see each one twice a semester. However, that doesn't mean the kids are any less excited to see me just because they only see me twice a semester; in fact, I would say it's the opposite!

When I have KG, I know that I'll be having a day full of energy, smiles, and at the very least, many hi-5s if not more, from these little balls of energy.

Difference between KG in Japan vs Vancouver (and other parts of North America)

In Japan, Kindergarten, or Yochien (幼稚園) in Japanese, is different than Kindergarten where I grew in Vancouver.

1) Kindergarten is its own separate school apart from Elementary school in Japan. In Vancouver, it's the grade preceding grade one, but still within elementary school.

2) Kindergarten covers 3 distinct levels in Japan.
  • Nenchou (年長) - kids turning 6 in this school year
  • Nenchuu (年中)- kids turning 5 in this school year
  • Nenshou (年少)- kids turning 4 in this school year
3) Like their older brothers and sisters, Kindergarten kids also have Kyuushoku (給食)or school lunch

4) The Kancho

Other things I noticed..


  • Malleability of the creatures
  • Excitability
    • so excited...are they excited like that in Van?Playing at lunch

    • The funny things they say - am I japanese
    • Small World
      • small world, some teachers kids are my students , or previous KG principal is my graduated student's mom

    What I do at KG?


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Ikimono Gakari - Kirari English Lyrics Translation / いきものがかり - キラリ 歌詞 英訳

    最後の運動会+今年の最初のEnglish Club! / My last sports festival + the first English club of the (school) year!

    Exile - Everything Translation 歌詞 英訳